The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Friday, February 22, 2013

Bird Observations. . .

Winter arrived late on the Prairie,
but arrive it did with all its beauty and glorious views!!!



So~o~o~
I set up a bird observation tablescape
On Crooked Creek for "Mr. Ed" and I to enjoy
 during our meal times.



This angle allows us both 
to watch all the antics of our fine~feathered
friends at the bird feeder!



Taking a clue from the birds,
I layered. . .
I fluffed. . .
I layered some more. . .
I embellished. . .
until I had this tablescape just right!



Come along. . .
and I show you how I accomplished our bird observation
step ~ by ~ step!

* * * * * Tutorial * * * * * 

Layering ~

I began with my creamy ivory rose damask circular table cloth.
The shimmering stripes and embossed roses 
add an air of elegance to our everyday table covering!




Next, I added a plain, white linen rectangular tablecloth 
with a fagot hem placed at an angle!



Then, I topped off both
with a white square table topper with intricate 
open crochet and fagot hem.



Exquisite is the delicate crochet inlay!











Fluffing ~

Shopping in Studio One,
I re~located the floral arrangement
to the dining room table.



Next, I brought in the white lacy birds on pedestals. . .



added a lidded sugar bowl. . .



combined with an ironstone petite pitcher
called to do duty as a creamer.
The hue in this pitcher mimics a Robin's egg!

More Layering ~

 Definitely time to begin the place settings! 

For this feathered observation,
I chose my Homer Laughlin Epicenter Aqua blue dinner plates.



The interior is a creamy ivory
with a gold banding around the perimeters.



Matching cup and saucer 
for our evening tea as we linger to enjoy the views.


Atop the dinner plate,
I added my Pottery Barn bird dessert / salad plate.















Everyday Oneida stainless steel 
is our favorite flatware due to its easy care.

Embellishments ~




Clear bubble glass stemware
resembles the icy scenes of the past few days!



Creamy ivory and white wrought iron napkin rings
featuring a bird on the branch continue the theme.






Ecru hued linen napkins with a fagot edging
are held in place assisted by our fine~feather friends.










As the birds add feathers, sometimes called down,
to cushion their nest. . . 




"Mr. Ed" and I, also chose cushions
as an added support for our backs. . .



and softening as we linger at the sights
at the patio door and beyond.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 


After "Mr. Ed" had shoveled the 14 +inches
of snow from the deck, we again received a light dusting. . .


As long as the snow remains here on the Prairie,



On Crooked Creek,



so will our tablescape for bird observations!!!









Until next time. . .



                                    On Crooked Creek will be joining


www.stonegable.blogspot.com

Yvonne @ StoneGable for 
Tutorials tips and Tidbits!

And. . .

www.betweennapsontheporch.net
Tablescape Thursday!

And. . .

www.commonground-do.com

Debra @ Common Ground for
Be Inspired Friday!

Be sure to visit
for you’ll come away
filled with amazing inspirations
for use in your own home d├ęcor!
Post a Comment