The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

I Gave My Love A Cherry. . .

Valentine's Day is rapidly approaching!
Bless "Mr. Ed's" heart. . .
I haven't fixed a dessert for any meal since 
Christmas On Crooked Creek!

So~o~o. . .
today, I gave my love a Cherry Dump Cake for dessert!



My MoMa, Carmen was always cutting recipes
from the Kansas City Star Sunday paper and 
then she'd try a new recipe each week.

This was my favorite dessert as a teenager 
and the first recipe I asked for as a newlywed!
Instead of writing it down for me in her penned hand ~
she handed me the torn, ragged yellow clipping!

Cherry Dump Cake

Ingredients:

1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple, with juice
1 can cherry pie filling
1 yellow cake mix, 2 ~ layer size
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup margarine or butter



Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease a 9" X 13" baking pan.

Put in the undrained pineapple,
spreading it until evenly distributed.
Spread the can of cherry pie filling over the pineapple.***
Sprinkle the dry cake mix over all.
Sprinkle the chopped nuts over the cake mix.
Cut the butter into patties and put them 
at even intervals over the cake.

Bake for 1 hour in a 350 degree oven.
Do not stir.


Serve while still warm!
This will be slightly "gooey" 
and is delicious plain,


with ice cream


or with whipped cream!

Serves: 6 to 8.

* * * * * * * * * * * * Tip * * * * * * * * * * * *

I never have any luck trying to spread
cherry pie filling over undrained pineapple.
Instead, I use a tablespoon and spoon the
filling at even intervals!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Cherry Dump Cake is perfect for a family gathering,
those carry in Pot Luck Dinners and for a loving
husband who has been e x t r e m e l y patient with
his wife's attempts to eat less carbs!!!



Until next time. . .


www.stonegable.blogspot.com

On Crooked Creek will be joining
Yvonne @ StoneGable for
On The Menu Monday!

I've found some amazing
menu planning, kitchen tips 
and delicious recipes shared
at this weekly meme...
I'm sure you will too!!!

4 comments:

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

I am going to make this!!! Yvonne and another friend are coming here on Thursday and I am going to make them lunch so THIS will be dessert!!! Thanks for sharing this, pat/ PS, Don't tell Yvonne;):) XO, Pinky

Megan @ Restoring the Roost said...

Looks yummy! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I forgot about this recipe, I made this years ago and it is sooooooooo good. Thanks for the reminder. Hugs, marty

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

I have such a sweet tooth right now, this looks yummy!