The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Seasonably Softer Hues. . .

On Crooked Creek, it has begun!
Spring Cleaning, that is!!!



As the Seasons change, 
On Crooked Creek, so does the decor.

Although we've recently received 20+ inches of  SNOW,
the sun is streaming through the trio of windows flooding
our upper level Living Room with glorious light!




So~o~o. . .
I took advantage of this sun filled day to snap a few photos
once the deep Spring cleaning was completed!

I'm still striving to streamline! 
Each time I dust a table top, I adjust the amount of accessories
keeping it as close to a minimum as possible.



This truly is easier than I had imagined. . .
especially being determined to stay true to my Traditional roots.

Our upper level Living Room, On Crooked Creek,
has two focal points. The largest is the Entertainment Center.



But the focal point you see as you enter from the hallway
is our vintage sewing machine cabinet seating area.


* * * * * * *Tutorial * * * * * * *

Herein lies the problem. . .



Beneath the cabinet is the foot feed! 
While you may have to look closely to see it,
that dark metal curved piece is at eye level 
when seated on the couch!!!



While I absolutely adore this cabinet,
I am continually trying to disguise 
the irregularity of this magnificent heirloom! 



Today, I began with a scarf.
I placed the base of the lamp atop the scarf
to give me the placement for my first pleat.



Two pleats were all that was needed
to hide the foot feed.



Next, I placed my bird statues
with a twig nest around the base.
Added some classic title books. . .
and some soft hued hydrangea to the bronze wall pockets!






Shedding a warm glow of lighting
adds such a romantic ambiance to this vignette!







While keeping a streamlined appeal,
I felt something was needed for the lamp side 
to balance the vignette.







Retrieved from Studio One
is a vintage brass ink well!





The tranquillity that floods my soul
is much liken to that of the sunshine flooding the room!



All that is left to complete this area
is to switch~out the decorative pillows!!!



All Winter long,
I've used the brown velvet rosette lumbar pillows. . .



and while I adore the harmonious hues
in the ivy pillows, the scale is a bit off.



After placing the gold satin lumbar cushions
behind the ivy accent pillows, 
it appears to be a perfect fit!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Our weatherman is forecasting another Snow storm
for the weekend. ( We missed this one, but my family and friends in the Kansas City Area were plundered, once again!)

So~o~o. . .
regardless of the weather outside our windows,



On Crooked Creek, 




little~by~little. . .



Spring is arriving with seasonably softer hues!


Until next time. . .


On Crooked Creek  will be joining 



www.astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life for
Table Top Tuesday!

And. . .

www.stonegable.blogspot.com
Yvonne @ StoneGable for
Tutorials Tips and Tidbits!



Be sure to visit
for you’ll come away
filled with amazing inspirations
for use in your own home décor!

6 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Pat, this is such a lovely vignette on the sewing machine. I love the use of the scarf, looks wonderful. Your room is so pretty and very inviting. Hugs, Marty

podso said...

Your little sitting area wants to draw me in for a sit with a book. I like the scarf idea and it makes me think of a challenge I have with a similar piece. Hmmm I may try something ... stay safe in your next storm.

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

I adore your sitting area. The decor on the top detours the eyes from what you're trying to hide. I've gone back and looked at your pictures many times what beautiful things you have. We're still buried underneath an avalanche of snow around here too, loads of projects being completed while others are added to the list. lol stay safe... hugs ~lynne ~

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

I love your trick for hiding the insightly area on the sewing cabinet. That looks perfect and I wouldn't have ever guessed. I like all your details like the birds. I'm a traditional decorator at heart too so I love to see this kind of decorating!
Your pillows look great. I just added two chocolate pillows to my red sofa. I needed a different look. I'm going to add you to my blog roll!

Susan said...

Your room is gorgeous. What a beautiful scarf you chose. Love all your color.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Pat, thank so much for linking up, your living room is truly lovely. Hugs, Marty