The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Saturday, February 2, 2013

One Step Forward. . .

As much as I wish a make~over On Crooked Creek
could resemble the time frame of my favorite HGTV Shows,



I'm afraid in 'real life' 
it's one step forward. . .
and two steps back!!!

Delays in supplies 
have caused a week set~back in progress
in updating Studio One!!!

So~o~o. . .
that being said, I'll show you a minor make~over!



After Stylin' In Studio One,
I  realized how much I love this print. . .
but had grown tired of the oak frame.
In the photo above you can see what a transformation
just a touch of Sherwin Williams PaperWhite and 
Versatile Gray paint can make!!!




Living in SouthEast Kansas,
shopping for home decor was e x t r e m e l y limited.
During our years of residence, 
I hosted a Home Interior Part at least once a year.


This set of English Cottage prints
were a hostess gift I received when we first 
moved into the "Dream Home"!



While we're waiting for the truck 
of quart size satin paint to arrive. . .
"Mr. Ed" removed the oak frames 
and I began the transformation for
updated art work in Studio One.



Mauve and blue were predominant 
hues throughout the "Dream Home".
These mats were originally Mauve and Sage Green.
Over the course of time,
the Sage Green has aged to a nice gray shade.

Using paint from a left~over project,
I painted the mats with Sherwin~Williams Especially Violet.




Trust me, dear ones. . .
I was holding my breath!!!



But I must say,
I was astounded at the outcome!!!



I adore the visual softness
that is now seen in the artwork
simply by changing the hue of the mat!!!

The same PaperWhite and 
Versatile Gray was applied to the oak frames.



Studio One now has updated art work
that continues the color palette 
and was friendly on the budget!!!



Hopefully, "Mr. Ed" and I will be able to
change the current events in Studio One around to
two steps forward. . .
and one step back!!!



We're heading out to visit our local
Sherwin~Williams paint store!
Wish us luck!!!


Until next time. . .



www.betweennapsontheporch.net



On Crooked Creek will be joining
Metamorphosis Monday!


Be sure to visit
for you’ll come away
filled with amazing inspirations
for use in your own home décor!



7 comments:

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

OMGoodness, they look so much better. It is amazing what a differnt mat and/or frame can make on artwork!XO, Pinky

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

The transformation really is unreal. They look fabulou with your new background and frame colors. Great job. Hugs, Marty

Pat@BPM said...

Beautiful frame/print makeover Pat.

Our back porch project is delayed until next week. Supply needed ordering.:-)

Buttercup said...

Stopping over from Patty's. I love the look of your revamped art. They now look fabulous. I am in awe that you could put it all together.

Sarah said...

The new mat color looks great. I like the soft frame for these pictures.

podso said...

They have come to new life. Lovely transformation. I like them a lot!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Love the transformations. It's so easy to change a look. It's like having a new picture.