The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Monday, February 25, 2013

Traditional. . .All The Way!

It has taken many years , 
after arriving On Crooked Creek
to leave my Country decor behind 
and get back to my Traditional roots.



Mind you, dear ones,
I have nothing against Country decor.
I embraced it whole heartily 
when I've lived in a small town on the East side of the Prairie!


Since then, "Mr. Ed" and I have acquired
numerous family heirlooms, 
displaying these Traditional pieces
in our home gives us such a great sense of comfort.
Which brings us to this vignette.


On Crooked Creek, change is constant! 



This lamp was originally in our Master Bedroom.(here)
But, when we added more masculine elements,
the lamps were switched 
and this lamp carried to the lower level
to make room for the Christmas decor.



A m a z i n g  
how moving o n e lamp can cause such a domino effect!!!
So~o~o without a  l e n g t h y  explanation,
let's just say it's been musical lamps. . .
and this lamp won, or was that lost???



While vacationing this Autumn,
"Mr. Ed" and I visited Relic Antique Mall in Springfield, Missouri!
I was quite smitten with a copper planter 
filled with faux English Ivy and a bird's nest.


Having a copper planter 
with a blue delft handle from our travels in Europe, 
I re~created the arrangement.





The sense of tranquility that flows over one
when you know you've come full circle 
with your home decor. . .priceless!!!



On Crooked Creek. . .
in the upper level Living Room. . .
I've gone Traditional. . .all the way!


Until next time. . .



On Crooked Creek will be joining

www.astrollthrulife.blogspot.com

Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life for
Table Top Tuesday!!!


Be sure to visit
for you’ll come away
filled with amazing inspirations
for use in your own home décor!


10 comments:

Pat@BPM said...

Beautiful vignettes, Pat. I love the lamp. It's gorgeous.

Susan said...

Your traditional decorating is right up my alley. With all the Shabby Chic French Farmhouse style in blogland. It is refreshing to visit someone else whose style is traditional. I love your vignette.

Bonnie said...

Love the switching of the lamps story. I like your new vignette and your thoughts along the way.

Thanks for visiting me. It was enjoyable to visit you again. I have been here before but it has been a while. I enjoyed viewing several of your back posts.

I like your word for 2013. Blessings, Bonnie

Sue said...

My parents have a lamp like that only it is a pale green where yours is white.

I enjoy watching the decorating changes unfold in your home.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I love your traditional look. I prefer that for my living and dining areas. The country or farm look outside and in the kitchen. The inherited pieces are always the best!

Lisa said...

Traditional will never go out of style! You have some real ageless elegance and warmth here! Happy Tuesday from the enchanted oven - hope you can stop by.
xo,
Lisa

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Gorgeous chest and I totally adore the lamp and bust. YOur vignette is so beautiufl. Thanks tons for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

Anonymous said...

just dropping by to say hello

melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle said...

I am a traditional girl myself! Your table looks beautiful! Life to the full, Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Beautiful vignette. Love the table, then the scarf, the lamp, the birds. All is put together so well.