The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Tied Up With String. . .

Brown paper packages,
tied up with string, these are a few of my favorite things!!!



I  l o v e paper!!!
I  l o v e string!!!
These are a few of my favorite things!



Imagine my excitement when I found
Hemp in the same hues as the color palette 
for the updating of Studio One!!!



Visiting with our local shop owner @ Roadhouse Antiques,
I inquired about purchasing some wooden spools. . .


Aren't they a m a z i n g ???

While I patiently await on paint and mod podge to dry, 
I release my inner creativity on the small details 
that make a huge impact on my design for Studio One.



Strand ~ by ~ strand. . .



those fibers send mental messages. . .



that become locked into my visual memory.



Fibers with imperfect qualities ~ and yet perfect shades of gray!



Placed beside the usual black and white. . .



these shades of gray bring peace and tranquility 
to my creative space.





Nestled together 
as a complimentary vintage decor accessory
in Studio Ones updating!



A vintage tatting lace doily
simply inserted into a vintage sewing basket.



Each spool patiently awaiting
that moment when used for
tying up a brown paper package!

These are a few of my favorite things. . .




























Until next time. . .


www.stonegable.blogspot.com
On Crooked Creek will be joining
Yvonne @ StoneGable for
Tutorials Tips and Tidbits!

Be sure to visit
for you’ll come away
filled with amazing inspirations
for use in your own home décor!


2 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Gorgeous...those tones are a fav of mine!

NanaDiana said...

Pat- What a cute post. Isn't it amazing how such sweet little things brighten our life with their small bits in our day? Love your string and paper post- xo Diana