The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Light Dining. . .

Light dining ~ On Crooked Creek ~ 
is more than just the hues chosen for our current tablescape.



"Mr. Ed" and I are both 
trying to cut back on our intake of carb's!




He, being a meat and potatoes man. . .




and I, being a "bread" lady, 
we'll need all the willpower we can muster!!!




Getting us started with our light dining,
I've chosen my beloved Mother~in~law's silver flatware,
combined with a vintage linen embroidered napkin.




Our everyday bee water goblet is paired nicely 
with a crystal etched wine glass from our tour of Europe.




Our light sage green Majolica embossed trays
will serve for this evenings entree. 
Instead of napkin rings, 
I used the handle to encircle the napkins.




Placing the reticulated ivory salad plate
atop the tray keeps our salad portions
as the center attraction of our meal.



Although, our tablecloth is white and light,
I added a layer of ecru crocheted lace 
for a more intimate dining experience.



I adore the intricate handiwork of this table topper
adding just a light touch of color and texture.



The blend between the reticulated ivory  dinnerware
and the crochet topper add an air of romance, as well!



Here's what's on the menu for tonight's dining pleasure. . .



Waldorf Salad

Baked Chili Con Carne in Au Gratin Dishes


On Crooked Creek ~
we're keeping the tablescape and the menu 
with light dining in mind!



Until next time. . .


www.betweennapsontheporch.net


On Crooked Creek will be joining 
Tablescape Thursday!

Be sure to visit
for you’ll come away
filled with amazing inspirations
for use in your own home décor!


15 comments:

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

This is so retty. I ADORE those trays!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought they were chargers at first but they are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! Joe and I are TRYING to cut back. Sounds like things are going weel, On Crooked Creek! XO, Pinky

NanaDiana said...

Oh-How pretty, Pat. I do think I eat less when I sit at a pretty table.

One of the really light carb meals I love is Crustless quiche- It is my go to when I cut back on carbs- xo Diana

Anonymous said...

Oh, Pat, your table is so lovely! I love love love those green trays! I wish you the best on cutting back. It's so hard. I love to eat so much!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Marigene said...

Love the green handled dishes.
If there is anyone that eats anything other than meat and potatoes in Kansas I would love to meet them! LOL

Amy Kinser said...

Your dining table looks beautiful. The plates are gorgeous, Pat.

May I just tell you again how beautiful your writing is?

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Your table setting is so simple, yet beautiful and elegant, with such lovely platers and I love wher you placed the napkins..of course the reticulated dishes are my very fav. Lovely. I cut back on carbs all last year and still am and I lost 20 lbs. last year and kept it off..I'm so happy and don't miss them either! Thank you for your sweet and kind visit. Big hugs,
FABBY

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

So very pretty, I love the trays! the color and the style. And you know I love that you have your mil silver.

Sarah said...

Beautiful, Pat. Those majolica trays are gorgeous. Love the way you tucked the napkins into the handle. '-)

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

LOVE the trays! Thanks for the visit and kind comments! Blessings, Tammy

Chubby Chieque said...

The whisk of an olive green (if I am right?) gives the elegancy of your setting.

Perfect combination.

Happy TS,
/CC girl

Pat@BPM said...

Your table is beautiful Pat!

We are light dining too. Or at least trying light dining. Bread is my nemesis. J is all about meat and potatoes.

Alycia Nichols said...

I applaud you and your husband for making the commitment to better your health! I can't say that I have that kind of willpower, but I admire people who do!!! Your table is the perfect accompaniment to your new way of eating! I love the Majolica trays!!!!!!!! Oh, my gosh..those are really, really pretty! Good luck as you venture out into the carb-reduced world!!!!!!

Marlis said...

You have to share about those fabulous trays.. I am so smitten! And the embroidered napkin too. and the lace and the reticulated salad plates!!! OMG. This is right up my alley, so my style.. I started keeping track of my calories in December on Losit.com. I can also use the app on my phone. It has helped a whole lot. Good luck with the carb thing! I couldn't believe the number of calories in things with carbs!! xo marlis

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

I love coming by and seeing one of your beautiful tablescapes Pat! One of these days I am going to try and do one myself (taking your lead of course)!!
Happy Weekend!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh goodness, I just ran into this gorgeous setting! I love the green tray with the gorgeous lace plate..wow, just stunning!! Have a great week.
FABBY