The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A Frosty Tablescape. . .

Oh, dear ones. . .
how I do l o v e SNOW!
Even though it's 55 degrees here on the Prairie,
I just had to do a Frosty tablescape. . .























I just  a d o r e  this Frosty the Snowman figurine!
Each time I view his face,
he makes me smile and giggle!























My favorite tablescape color palette
is black, white and green!
Still wanting to keep this tablescape
streamlined and light, I concentrated on the white.



















Grounding the centerpiece,
I used a black oval table runner
with green vines and red berries throughout.


















Next, I place Frosty in the center.
On either side of Frosty, I placed a white urn
with a soft sage green boxwood wreath
and one of my snowflake ornaments.























Needing to be elevated,
I placed Frosty on two oval silver trays
and placed frosted red berry sprigs
around the base for a cohesiveness.























I topped off my everyday white porcelain china
with my vintage depression green dessert saucer and bowl.
Linen ecru napkins are held with wooden hand painted
napkins rings that mimic the green vines and red berries
of the patterned place mat.
Vintage rose etched ice tea and water goblets
complete this place setting.


















The snowflake pattern of the dessert / salad plate
and the swirl of the green depression gives one hope 
that flurries may soon be in the air!























Dessert will possibly be a decadent chocolate mousse
served with a shortbread cookie,


















therefore, I've placed my white Tea service
atop a silver tray at one end of the table. . .























and demitasse cups and saucers
with vintage silver spoons
held in silver rimmed crystal bowl at the other.


















While the "weather outside certainly isn't frightful",
On Crooked Creek, is looking quite forward
to the predicted cold front coming to the Prairie!


















Frosty temperatures
combined with a Frosty centerpiece
make for a delightful Frosty tablescape!























Ladies, it worked!!!
Right after I put this Frosty tablescape together. . .
 it snowed! ! !



Until next time. . .

On Crooked Creek will be joining
Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch
for Tablescape Thusday. . .


www.betweennapsontheporch.net











along with. . .

Yvonne @ Stone Gable
for Tutorials tips and Tidbits

www.stonegable.blogspot.com













and. . .













Debra @ Common Ground
for Be Inspired Friday!

Be sure to visit all of these amazing hostesses
and be inspired to incorporate some of the
creative ladies in the Land of Blog ideas
into your own home decor!!!

14 comments:

Martha said...

Very pretty table and I love that touch of green -- it really makes the table!

Susie said...

Love the little green dishes. Your tablescape looks very nice. xo,Susie

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your snowman is way too cute, and your tablescape is gorgeous. The green is so soft and fresh, just perfect. Hugs, Marty

Amy Kinser said...

How wonderful that you received the desire of your heart...snow!

Marigene said...

I am so happy that you are back doing tablescapes, Pat. Love your snowman table...he is adorable.
The green gives your table just the right amount of color.
55°...it hasn't been that warm here in ages...right now it is only 33°!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Oh my goodness, I adore this table. Your snowman make me giggle. Your colors with the touches of silver are stunning. hugs ~lynne!

Jennie@gotmyreservations.com said...

Isn't it wonderful what a little depression glass can do for white table? I love how your green bowls make your white table sing!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

This is such a sweet frosty setting! I adore your darling tall snowman!!! What a great centerpiece.
I love love love snow too! But so far this year, we have had only a dusting.
Thanks for being such a faithful contributor to TUTORIALS TIPS AND TIDBITS!

Anonymous said...

Pat that is such a sweet winter table. I do love snow as well, but I have to say that quietly as my family don't all agree with me. ;)
Your snowman is precious!

Visiting from TTT :)

Anonymous said...

Love your snowman so cute. Found you off of susans page.



sarah

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat! Oh, you did great with your snowman tablesetting. Love it. That is a cute little snowman. Love those pretty little dessert dishes sitting in your plates. The urn with that giant Christmas ball is such a pretty thing.
Take care an you're always a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Sarah said...

Your snowmen make me smile. So cute! Your white dishes and cloth really makes me feel like it's winter. I set a snowman table this week that I'll share next week. I went with cozy tartan for a cloth. Imagine that? ;-)

podso said...

ITs a pretty table, Pat, and does look wintry. the touch of green adds a lot. Hope you get some snow!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Snow? You can have it! all of it!! We live in the snow belt in NY and even tho we haven't had a lot, I hate driving in it! Lovely table, with my favorite color scheme...and I love your mercury glass ornaments! Well done!