The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Taking Tea. . .

On Crooked Creek ~
Taking Tea has multiple meanings.
What you're about to read is about the mobile type. . .

After recently breaking her wrist, elbow and hip, 
a dear friend of mine has been residing
at a local Rehab and Treatment Center.

So~o~o. . .
after exchanging phone calls, we made plans for a visit.
I surprised her with Taking Tea. . .




Tea for Two was arranged 
by filling a vintage wicker basket 
with all the necessities for a mobile tea.
After lining the basket with a tea towel, 
I began with sage green mugs.
Next came creamy ivory plastic plates 
and hydrangea paper napkins.



Then I wrapped bottles of water 
and inserted beside the mugs.



I placed another tea towel over the necessities
for cushioning and to keep the plate of scones from sliding about.



Cranberry and orange miniature scones
with orange infused glaze
placed atop lacy paper doilies on a sage green dinner plate.



"Mr. Ed's" borrowed thermos 
affectionately named "The Silver Bullet"
was filled with freshly brewed Cranberry Orange Tea.

Loaded into the car, 
and a quick trip across town,
Taking Tea was just what the doctor ordered. . .
for my friend. . .and for me!


Until next time. . .



www.stonegable.com

On Crooked Creek will be joining
Yvonne @ StoneGable for
Tutorials Tips and Tidbits!


Be sure to visit
for you’ll come away
filled with amazing inspirations
for use in your own home décor!



14 comments:

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

Your basket is pretty! What a sweet and thoughtful Idea. You are a wonderful friend. My mom was recently in a convalescent hospital for 10 days and she would have loved this!
Karen

Martha said...

You do a basket well -- and I'm sure your friend enjoyed her tea.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

This is wonderful. I have read about this before, but have never done it myself. I am sure your friend was thrilled!

Gayla said...

What a sweet way to spend the day!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

What a beautiful idea! I love this! What a wonderful friend you are to have! It's all so charming.

NanaDiana said...

You are a good friend, Pat. What a delightful treat for your friend- xo Diana

Barbara F. said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful gift for a friend who can't get out and about just yet. Wonderful idea. xo

Amy Kinser said...

How sweet and thoughtful. What a nice thing for you both. Blessings to you today.

podso said...

Pat I so love this post and the color of your mugs! I did a post like this a few years ago calling it Tea on wheels or something like that. I just love transporting a beautiful tea to someone, it's a new take on bringing a meal to a sick friend for you can sit there and enjoy it with them. Just a beautiful post--maybe my most favorite of yours so far! :-)

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Mobile tea? Now I like that!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie Pooh! Oh, that was just the nicest thing to do and I'm sure your friend was delighted. What a nice basket you put together too!
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

bj said...

What a lovely tea....and what a lovely thing for you to do for your friend. Wish her a speedy recovery for me. :)
xoxo bj

Jamie-So Much Better With Age said...

What a lovely idea! I love your blog. I'm a new follower ;)

Ann, Heather and Sheila said...

What a lovely idea! I will definitely by copying this.
Heather from Friendship, Life and Style