The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Monday, January 7, 2013

L O N G Over~due!


L O N G  over~due
is the perfect phrase On Crooked Creek
for Studio One!



Studio One began as the creative space
in the unfinished portion of our lower level
of our 1970's Ranch Style Home!





This is the space where I do card making,
scrapbooking, gift wrapping, floral arranging and c r e a t i n g!



Several years ago, I owned and operated a
Handmade Cards with a Vintage Flair
home~based business in Studio One.



I've come full ~ circle
and Studio One is once again my c r e a t i v e space!

After 8 years,
not only have my needs for this space changed,
but my choice of decor for this space is changing, as well.




My first design choices were a Spring theme.
There are no windows in Studio One.
Having a Spring themed decor
allowed me to be surrounded
by soft pastel shades for continual inspiration.




Returning from our Annual Trout Fishing Trip,
after a week of rest and relaxation,
I now had a vision for utilizing Studio One's space.


With new floor layout in hand,
I began the task of moving the furniture
I deemed necessary into place.



Then the task of re~organizing each area began.
Donations to our local Thrift Shop and Goodwill,
along with some major furniture pieces being sold
@ Bits 'n Pieces this past Autumn, gave me the space
I sought to bring about those changes.

  One of those needed changes is a the addition of  a painless window.I view this as my "window of opportunities".



Pausing briefly,
as I began the preparations for
Celebrating Christmas On Crooked Creek,
I've now finished re~organizing of the storage shelves
that flank one entire end of Studio One.


 
 
Having defined the needs of my space,
I will begin to make the decor changes to enhance each area.

In keeping with a Vintage Flair,
I want to incorporate a more streamlined decor here, as well.
Adding soft hues, lightening some of the dark furniture
and the addition of fabrics to soften the concrete walls
are a few of the updates I have projected.



I am, truly, inspired and motivated to see
a soft palette transformation in Studio One.
Stay tuned and I'll reveal each project as we go.


Until next time. . .

Thank You ~
for your patience while I was encouraged and advised
how to continue without a browser button to upload photos!
I appreciate your continued patience
while I'm still trying to work through this handicap!!!

8 comments:

Secondhand Blessings said...

Hello;
This is my first visit to your blog; I was happy to see that you make greeting cards, I've just purchased 4-5 new books on how to make cards and look forward to getting started. I want to try embroidery on paper, in addition to regular cards. Now I know where to look for a few ideas. I also like the side element of the sunflower you have on the side. Nice blog!

Sarah said...

This looks like a wonderful place to create. It must be fun to make some changes in Studio One. Enjoy the process........Sarah

NanaDiana said...

Pat- You have no idea how encouraging this is to me. I am setting up my "area" in the basement, too. There is no window on that side and I have open rafters and concrete walls. I have been looking at it long and hard and still can't really figure out what I want to do. Your studio is looking so so so good- xo Diana

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Your Studio One is going to be wonderful!!! I am so anxious to get all our storage areas ORGANIZED abd I will also ahve a work table for creating:) I look forward to seeing what you do. XO, Pinky

bj said...

Yay, what an awesome and pretty place in which to create. I love it.

Did I ever say that I have a painting my mother did of that one of yours....the birds on the pail.

I giggled when I saw that you plan to lighten your darker furniture...I am planning on doing the opposite. I don't have much unpainted furniture but what I have is a medium color...now, after studying my favorite house on my post today, I want all my furniture dark. hahhaa...don't you love how we can all share our dreams, schemes and tastes.
xo bj

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

What a great space, and how fun to redo it! always fun to have a project..and some shopping to create it.
Look forward to seeing your progress.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Golly aren't those photo loading problems driving us all crazy!?? Glad you're working with it. And what a fun project you have going! How nice to have so much work space! It already looks delightful!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

I love seeing where you create Pat!!
I must admit I am spending more time in my studio...even if it is to just stare at my new chandy!