The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Toasty Warm Tablescape. . .

Welcome to a toasty warm tablescape
to herald in the  2013  New Year!



Frigid temperatures have arrived on the Prairie!
During this time of the year,
"Mr. Ed" and I, often times,
retreat to the lower level Family Room.



 



Having not yet reached double digits this morning,
I decided a warm, toasty tablescape was in order.

I chose a warm, golden palette
to keep our tablescape toasty warm and inviting.




 


My heirloom oak dining table,
passed to me from my beloved Maternal Grandmother,
fills one end of our Family Room.


Normally, I begin with my choice of dinnerware,
linens and stemware,
but today, I began with the centerpiece and candlesticks.




 


I adore the deep burgundy hue
and the rubbed bronze detailing
at the base of both the bowl and the candlesticks
of this set earned through hostess points
years ago at a Party ~Lite party held On Crooked Creek!




Adding nubby dark spice candles
encircled with pip berry rings, evergreen boughs and pine cones
compliments the Lodge theme of our Family Room.

* * Tutorial * *

A Simple Centerpiece ~
Placing a soft evergreen wreath in the base of the bowl,

 
I added 3 large pine cones to the center of the wreath.

 
Filling in the void spaces,
I added 4 medium pine cones.


At the base of the bowl,
I place evergreen and pine cone boughs.

To the left of the candlesticks,
2 over~sized metal acorns snuggle on pine cone boughs.



 


Combined with another acorn
and a set of acorn salt and peppers,
the right side features a pair of quail.



 


 
Sporting stripes in brown, gold, rust and turquoise
river place mats against the copper table topper
needed lighter dinnerware.


I opted for my Chili Pepper dinnerware from Artland.


While the golden hue of the dinner plates
added the lightness to this tablescape,
those dessert / salad plates were a bit too busy!


Folding the napkin in thirds
and placing it atop the dessert plates
was a simple solution.



 


The addition of handles
makes this soup bowl one of my favorites On Crooked Creek!

Wooden handled flatware,


from our travels in Germany,


compliments our Lodge theme quite nicely.

Instead of stemware,
I added our generous sized mugs
for steaming mugs of coffee
or a SNOWMAN Blend.



Bench seating allows for a continuous,
unobstructed view of the entire dining room area.


Although the table has been set for 4 people,
a table for 6  can be easily accommodated.



Linger a while and warm yourself
with my toasty warm tablescape of 2013!






 








 




Homemade soup is simmering gently,
waiting to warm our bodies and souls on this frigid Winter day.

Comfort food,
combined with a toasty warm tablescape,
makes for a great start to  2013!


Until next time. . .


www.betweennapsontheporch.net

On Crooked Creek will be joining
Between Naps On The Porch
for Tabletop Thursday with our dear hostess, Susan.
Be sure to visit for inspiring tablescapes for your own home decor.


www.stonegable.blogspot.com

Also, Stone Gable for Tutorials Tips and Tidbits
with our sweet hostess, Yvonne.
Inspiration, combined with encouragement, abounds
with multiple creative ideas for your home.

19 comments:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Pat what a beautiful table you put together. Love you maternal grandmothers table..I have my paternal grandmothers!
love the acorns.

Barbara F. said...

Great tablescape, warms me up just looking at it. Love the large acorns. I enjoyed a bowl of hot soup today, too. Happy New Year, xo

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

This is very beautiful. It's always fun to host a Part-Lite party, especially when you "earn" something pretty like that! I love the tutorial, because I would have never started that gorgeous pine cone display like that. Of course...a wreath like shape and then the pine cones. I need visuals like that! So smart! Happy New Year! Stay warm!!
Karen

Martha said...

I adore your table -- it is SO warm especially after the cold of this week!

Unknown said...

Brings me to the table! Very warm and inviting.

NanaDiana said...

Pat-that is just a beautiful table. I love the simplicity of it-the warm and homey feel of it all. Great job-I can almost smell your soup from here- xo Diana

Sarah said...

Pat, your table definitely offers a warm and cozy setting. Thanks for the tutorial on the pretty centerpiece. I love using natural elements. Wish I were there enjoying a bowl of soup at this pretty table.

Robin Johnson said...

It all looks so warm and inviting! I love the pinecones and little birdies.

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Your table looks beautiful! I love the acorns and adore the bowl and candlesticks!!! They really caught my eye. The soup sounds SOOO good, it is very cold here too. I need to make some soup!!! Do you have a fireplace downstairs to also keep you warm? XO, Pinky

Lynn said...

Your table setting is beautiful! I love the warm rustic colors and great centerpiece-enjoy:@)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh so pretty and I love the colors. Great centerpiece, simple and perfect. Hugs, Marty

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Pat, Your table and dishes are so warm and inviting! It's very cold here today and sitting at your table eating that bowl of soup sounds like a good idea~! Those pinecones are huge! Happy New Year! Linda

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh my sweet Pat, what a lovely, warm and inviting table you put together! The centerpiece arrangement is got me swooning! Love the big acorns, so difficult to find them around here..of any kind! Thank you for your sweet and kind comment, I too look so forward to our visits in the new year. Wishing you many blessings for 2013.
FABBY

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Oh my, Pat... it IS frosty on the prairie... but your table is toasty with warm colors and textures! I love the centerpiece. Very welcoming! Stay warm, my friend!

Babs said...

The colors of your tablescape are lovely and warm..just right for warming up a cold winter's day.
Great centerpiece.
Babs

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

Pat, what a warm and inviting table! I would join you here any time!

Marlis said...

ooh, I recognized the WMF flatware right away.. My mom had some, now to find out what happened to it.. Love love your centerpiece. oh it's just so warm and welcoming.. A feast for the eyes. beautiful place settings too.. have the happiest of years ahead.. xo marlis

podso said...

Pat this looks great. So many thoughtful touches. I know your husband or anyone else who dines at your table appreciates your creativity. I too look forward to this new full year of retirement as do you. It will be interesting to see where God leads. But for now I'm with my mom in the hospital and so thankful I don't have a work schedule to worry about. Happy 2013!! Hugs!

bj said...

OOO, I love your pretty table. Your dishes and everything else are wonderful.
Stay warm, dear heart...it's sure cold here, too. brrrr