The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Size Does Matter. . .

Size does matter
when purchasing a new area carpet for Studio One!



When I purchased the vintage carpet above,
I had no idea what size area carpet I needed for Studio One.
This vintage carpet had the correct color palette,
a Spring theme and a great price. $old!!!



Once the vintage carpet was removed,
"Mr. Ed" and I measured the vacated area 
to determine the appropriate size needed for my work space.




By using the painter's tape,
I had a clear visual picture 
of where each length of carpet would end.



And, what width size would be best suited for the space, as well.



Oddly enough, 
the previous  5' X 8' is still the best size for this area!



This allen+roth Ice Blue 5" X 8" area carpet 
makes such a dramatic change in Studio one's work space!
I  a d o r e  this diamond on the diagonal pattern!!!





The plush cut gives such comfort to my legs and back
as I stand at my work station!




Exactly the light and bright 
updated look I was needing in Studio One!



And when you're the largest decor element in a small space. . .
size does matter!


Until next time. . .

www.stonegable.blogspot.com

On Crooked Creek is joining 
Yvonne @ StoneGable for
Tutorials Tips and Tidbits.

And. . .

www.betweennapsontheporch.net


Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch
for Metamorphosis Monday!


Be sure to visit
for you’ll come away
filled with amazing inspirations
for use in your own home décor!


9 comments:

podso said...

Looking good! I'd be studying that pattern seeing if I followed the path inward if I'd be able to find my way out of the maze! :-) Enjoy its plushness...you deserve it.

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Pretty!!! I loved the vintage one too!

Lou Cinda

NanaDiana said...

Love your new rug but I loved the old one, too. Comfort on the feet is worth the investment. xo Diana

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Oh, I LOVE your new carpet!!! The color is beautiful and so is the pattern!!! You have given me an idea to place a carpet at my work table in the basement. I never would have thought to do that and I have several pieces that we aren't using here! Thanks so much for the inspiration. XO, Pinky

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh wow, I love your new rug, the diamond pattern is wonderful. Perfect choice. Hugs, Marty

Sarah said...

Looks good! Your studio space is going to be fab!

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

Pretty rug. You are having fun with your studio, I think, and it's going to be darling.

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Hi Pat, I love your new carpet for the studio. I know you're going to have a lot of fun while standing on this beautiful piece. hugs ~lynne~

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Amazing what a difference just one small change can make! It's all coming right along!