The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Snowman Blend. . .

How silently came the SNOW to the Prairie
On Crooked Creek this past week. . .

 
 
it fell on the treetops, the rooftops
and painted most everything white!
 
 
 
Since "Mr. Ed" and I had no place to go ~
we sat at the patio window
and watched it SNOW, and SNOW, and SNOW!
 
 
I was in hopes
that we would receive enough accumulation
to make Snow angels.
 
 
1.5 inches isn't enough
to suffice a photo worthy Snow angel. . .
instead, I make a Snowman Blend!
 
 
 
 
I began with an ample sized SNOWman Mug.
 
 
 
 
To which I carefully added Cappuccino French Vanilla Mix.
 
Directions:
Add 3 tablespoons of mix per 1 cup (8oz.) of boiling water.
(Adjust amount to suit your taste)
I did a lot of adjusting, dear ones!
 
 
 
Next, I added some Coffee~mate Coffee Creamer.
Once again, a lot of adjusting!
Stir well.
 
* * Tip * *
I used a miniature wire whip
to incorporate more air into the Cappuccino!
 
 
 
 
 
Several dollops of whipped cream topping
make for a great finishing touch!
 
* * Tip * *
One could add cinnamon,
chocolate curls or other embellishments,
but for me this is the perfect SNOWMAN Blend!
 
 
For your viewing pleasure,
here are a few photos
taken On Crooked Creek
through the open patio door of our backyard.
 



 
 
 
 
 
 




 
 
As silently as the SNOW came to the Prairie, so it left.
But not before covering us with a blanket of white.
 
 
Pure enjoyment
describes the SNOW,
the SNOW scenes and
my SNOWMAN Blend !
 
 
Until next time. . .
 
 
www.stonegable.blogspot.com
 
On Crooked Creek is joining StoneGable
for Tutorials Tips and Tidbits
with our sweet hostess, Yvonne!
Be sure to visit and be inspired with amazing
step ~ by ~ step creative ideas for your own home!







3 comments:

Dewena said...

Beautiful snow. Hope we get some this year. Does anyone make snow ice cream anymore? Was it ever as good as we thought it would be?

NanaDiana said...

Beautiful pictures and I LOVE your snowman mug. Very sweet post- xo Diana

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

How fun for you and Mr Ed to sit there and watch it snow..one my favortie things to do!