The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Winterizing The Front Porch!

 





















Just when I had finished organizing and labeling
all the storage bins in Studio One,
I pulled the Winter faux evergreens back out
to winterize the front porch On Crooked Creek!






















Once the red Christmas wreath was removed from the grate,
I decided to go with a Winter Theme
for the front porch decor.

















Filling my flat basket with ice laden branches
(@ 50% off from Bittersweet),
I added a few rustic SNOWflakes with bells
and my signature fat poofy bow to decorate the grate!

















Next, I wove some evergreen with miniature pine cones
through the open rods of the grate to accentuate the basket.






















"Mr. Ed" carried the Christmas Tree in the concrete urn
(aka un~decorated now it becomes a Wintergreen)
to the porch. Using a bit more evergreen,
I embellished the Wintergreen.






















I think the Wintergreen fills the corner quite nicely
and helps accent the new door mat.






















Thank goodness it has the initial for our last name
and not the initials for my Blog!!!






















Removing the red berries and the red and white checked bow
from the table left a nice "winterized" wreath around the candle.






















I placed the table in the other corner
keeping the white for a cohesive effect.

















Of course, the temperature here on the Prairie
is +40 degrees. Not one flake of SNOW in sight,
except, of course On Crooked Creek!
























Until next time. . .





Post a Comment