The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Organization Is The Key!

On Crooked Creek,
organization is the key to any Seasonal change!

















And 2013 is "The Year" to finish that
which I began in 2012!!!






















2012 was the purge and edit stage.
Once my employment was changed to retirement,
I cleaned out every cabinet, closet, cupboard and drawer
on the upper and lower levels of our 1970's Ranch Style Home!






















This year, as I began to take down the Christmas decor,
I began emptying every storage tub and refilling by category.



                  


















Even with all the previous purging and editing,
"Mr. Ed' still has made several trips to the Thrift Shop,
Goodwill and our re~cycle dumpster.

















Next came the task of organizing the Seasonal decor
neatly on the shelves.
I opted for smaller containers with more specific labeling.

















Ladies, as many of you know,
those containers can hold a lot of items
which can mean a lot of weight.






















Lighter and brighter has multiple meanings
in the updating of Studio One!!!

















Using card stock and ink,
leftover from my former business,
I made my own labels.






















* * * Tip * * *
I have "card cataloged" each bin
with a detailed description of its contents.
These skills come from my former volunteer position
as City Librarian in Southeast Kansas.






















Now, as I need a specific item,
I can open my 4" X 6 " index file box,
locating items through the listing
instead of lifting and opening each bin!






















I am continually grateful
for the time I have to enjoy my home.
As all of you know,
On Crooked Creek,
Season ~ by ~ Season
change is constant!!!



















Until next time. . .

On Crooked Creek is joining hostess,
Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch
for Metamorphosis Monday

www.betweennapsontheporch.net










and. . .

www.stonegable.blogspot.com













Yvonne @ Stone Gable for
Tutorials Tips and Tidbits!

Be sure to visit and be inspired with all the
interesting, creative happenings in the Land of Bog!!!

9 comments:

bj said...

Now, THIS is what I call being organized, Pat. Since I'm not a crafter, I don't have many tubs like this. I do have my Christmas stuff in tubs...well, part of it. I need to buy a few more containers and get it ALL in order.
Very good job, indeed.
xo

Debra@CommonGround said...

wow Pat, you're amazing. I need to hire you to come help me, lol!! What a great space for storage you have!

Susie said...

You are the me , I want to be. So organized. I started out here on the farm like that... it's starting to look a bit messy in my storage area, the basement. I'll be working on that soon. xo,Susie

Unknown said...

All of my Christmas is stored neatly in totes and organized but not that organized. That is awesome! We have spent some time in Kansas over the last few years. Love it there :-)

Mary Ann said...

Okay, I thought I was getting organized but that is GREAT!

NanaDiana said...

Now THAT is being organized. I am a few steps behind you but working on it. It feels good, doesn't it? I love that you have cataloged everything! xo Diana

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

Wow, I wish I was that organized! Good tip on the card catalog, I am always forgetting where I store things. Right now, I've been searching high and low for my vintage butter churn! LOL! Blessings, Tammy

Kelsie from Our Country Home and Studio Photography said...

OMgosh that is awesome....so to congratulate you on your amazing organization skillz I am inviting you to escape the prairie cold and visit me in Florida...and since you are here, hey you can help me organize my place too :)

Blessings always, your very disorganized friend Kelsie

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Wow! Talk about organized, girl I need to start over and get things in a better form of order. My problem is the gift shop and personal and sometimes they interact with each other. hmmmm you've given me a lot to think about. hugs ~lynne ~