The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Coloring My World. . .

While I adore visiting all the white decor



in the Land of Blog. . .
and the booths at the Antique Mall. . .

Photo: Gathering inspiration to change up my booth from Pinterest...


On Crooked Creek. . . I am coloring my world!



Two years in a row,
on our side of the Prairie, we've been ridden with drought.
I am so~o~o ready for Spring to return
and bring with it all the varying hues of green!!!

So~o~o. . . 
while Mother Nature 
prepares the color palette outside my patio doors,
I began to bring the green palette
to the built~in buffet and china cabinet indoors!

* * * * * * * * Tutorial * * * * * * * *



My all~time favorite cabbage leaf dinner plate
from Bordallo Pinheiro begins as a backdrop for the upper shelf!



Placed in the center and on an easel for greater impact,
a newly purchased grape leaf and vine 
intricately detailed serving plate.



Completing the background for the upper shelf.
another newly purchased serving platter.
I adore how the detailing resembles a Celtic design!



Placed slightly in front of the Bordallo Pinheiro dinner plate
is yet, another newly purchased grape leaf plate edged in brown.




The intricate detailing is magnificent in this plate!
The blossoms have to be my favorite feature!!!



The final accessory,
a wrought iron reticulated petite plate stand. . .




holding Green Leaf Majolica dessert plates.

Moving to the other side of the upper shelf,
I chose my Majolica Tea Set!


From the basket weave background,
to the brown vine handle,
to the blue berries and green leaves,
this is one of the most interesting tea pots of my collection!





Creamer and sugar of this charming tea set
have all the same unique characteristics!!!


Notice how the green leaves of the Tea Set  
mimic those on the newly acquired grape leaf serving platter???


The middle shelf of this cabinet is always my greatest challenge!!!
It's height is barely 8 inches!!!

So~o~o. . .
I lined up my 4 Bordallo Pinheiro cabbage dessert / salad palates
across the back of the cabinet.


Then, I added a few of our wine glasses
collected from our European travels.




Along with my newly purchased vintage juice glasses 
with gently ribbed body and soft green rims.






After a huge ^sigh^ of relief,
the bottom shelf came together in no time at all!


Beginning with my 11 1/2" X 8 1/2" green majolica 
serving platters filled the space quite nicely!


Next, I added two Franciscan 8 1/2" green leaf plates.


The addition of vintage green swirl pattern
depression dessert bowls and plates
brighten and lighten the shelf area.


A touch of whimsy is inserted into this shelf
with a $1 thrifty vacation find lidded asparagus jar.


To the other side, I placed my cabbage tureen
combined with another $1 vacation find.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Coloring my world On Crooked Creek
with all the glorious hues of green. . .





all the while, Mother Nature
was painting the view outside my patio doors
with a magnificent hue of. . .

Palm Sunday On Crooked Creek . . .
March 2013!
white!


Until next time. . .


On Crooked Creek will be joining 

www.astrollthrulife.net

for Table Top Tuesday!

And. . .

www.stonegable.blogspot.com
Yvonne @ StoneGable 

Be sure to visit
for you’ll come away
filled with amazing inspirations
for use in your own home décor!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you dishes. I have such a love for dishes!!Dianntha

ohiofarmgirl said...

Sorry that was me. I forgot to sign in! Dianntha

NanaDiana said...

Oh- Those are beautiful, Pat. I love white, too, but green has been my "go to" color for several years...the shades of green have changed but not the overall color palette. You have some gorgeous things and I LOVE those new/old juice glasses. xo Diana

podso said...

Clever post, starting with white and bringing it back to white in the end. But I do like your color and like the long view of your hutch. Pretty color!

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

I love all your green dishes, they are beautiful and the patterns on them. I also love the green depression ware - that color is my favorite in the depression dishes.
Thanks for sharing.
Mary

Unknown said...

You have beautiful pieces and they are displayed so nicely. Enjoy the green as natures green begins.

Martha said...

I like what you did -- it's very pretty and green is so springy! BTW, Iron Star has some more cabbage type plates . . . I look at them everytime I go and think, I will and then I don't! Next time you're in town, you'd better look -- they are great plates!

Susan said...

Your green is fabulous! I just love it when someone does something other than white in blogland. Do not get me wrong there are some gorgeous room that are all white, but you have to have some color in your life from time to time.

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Lovely display with your pretty dishes in the hutch! There is nothing as pretty as green after the cold of winter, or a time of drought. You are so right!

White Lace and Promises said...

Yes, I'm a lover of all things white. I wish we had white winters but it Middle Georgia that just does not happen. Yes, I have been adding color too and I'll share as I'm working on redoing a spare bedroom with lots of aqua, coral, pink and yellows. I love your green!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love your pretty green, the dishes are just fabulous. Such a soft and beautiful color. Thanks tons for joining TTT and I hope you have a very Blessed Easter. Hugs, Marty

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful Majolica collection. I have always loved Majolica for the colors and nature theme. It looks gorgeous displayed on your shelves. Visiting from Tuts and Tips. Have a wonderful Easter. Blessings, Wanda