The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Green. . .


I've always embraced my Irish heritage!
I l o v e to dance,
                        play a clarinet,
                                                and sing!


My favorite meal is corn beef and cabbage!





I prefer this green leafy vegetable cooked!




Boiled, baked. . .even fried!
But raw, as in Slaw. . .not so much!



On Crooked Creek,
corned beef and cabbage will definitely 
be on the menu!


Perhaps some Irish soda bread, as well!
. . .and yes! 
These feet will be dancing a bit of an Irish jig!!!



Until next time. . .

* * * * * * * FYI * * * * * * *
For this weeks entry,
I chose two photos with natural light
and two photos with artificial light!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

On Crooked Creek will be joining



www.dearlittleredhouse.blogspot.com
Mary @ Little Red House for
Thursday's Inspiration!



Be sure to visit
for you’ll come away
filled with amazing inspiration!










14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning, Pat! I love cabbage too and cornbread! Yummy, I may need to make some tonight. Now your snaps are so lovely! You're doing really well. Hope your week is going well.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

podso said...

Look at all the shades of green in one cabbage! Good choice for your green today.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

You play the clarinet? Well that is something I did not know about you!
Enjoy your corn beef and cabbage!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I love how frilly and open your cabbage is. Ours from the grocer are a tight, hard head. No matter, it all cooks well with the corned beef.
Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Barbara F. said...

I love cabbage too! Any way cooked, but I do like it raw in cole slaw. Thanks for stopping by! Happy St. Paddy's Day. xi

Clara said...

I love how your cabbage looks in the photos. Good choice of green.
Happy Saint Patrick's Day.
~Clara

Lorrie said...

Love these cabbage photos. I enjoy cabbage cooked and raw. Such a versatile vegetable.

Vee said...

Though I am just the opposite with regard to cabbage...love a good slaw...your photos of the cabbage elevate it to a thing of beauty. Have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day!

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

I will also be having corned beef and cabbage. Like all forms of cabbage.
Your pictures are great. Never find that cabbage here always tight but tastes good.

Have a great St. Paddy's Day.
Mary

Shane Pollard said...

Hello Pat
We don't have such beautiful cabbages here - ours are far too ordinary to photograph!
Wonderful images and that soft green is delicious!
I'll be joining you in a little jig dear!
hugs
Shane ♥

Katy Noelle said...

That is one GORGEOUS head of cabbage! =] But, even, prettier are your artful images of it - very gently green, indeed!

I am not Irish, alas, although I love so many things that are from that culture - including the music (I, usually, listen non-stop to Anuna when I work on post processing and blog posts.;))

I hope that you enjoy your celebration on Sunday! =]

xxo

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Pat, Your photos are beautiful. I love raw cabbage and especially cole slaw. Cooked is good too, and I even like brussel sprouts, which to me are little mini cabbages, when they are roasted. Enjoy your Irish dinner! I have no Irish blood in me, but Ireland is one of my favorite vacation spots. The people are wonderful. Linda

Mary said...

That has got to be the most beautiful head of cabbage I've ever seen, Pat! Your photos are wonderful! Thank so much for contributing to Thursday' Inspiration, and Happy St. Pat's Day! xoxo

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Happy St Patrick's Day to you!!!
I cooked corned beef and cabbage for the family on Thursday, the only night we'd all be together! It is my daughter's absolute favorite!