The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Monday, March 11, 2013

Lovin' The Traditional. . .

Dear Ones, 
May I just say, "I'm l o v i n' the Traditional decor
On Crooked Creek more with each Season that passes!"



When removing the Christmas greenery and lanterns
from atop the China Hutch and Buffet,
I kept a streamlined decor. 




The only changes recently made,
are a change of dresser scarf, linen tea towel,
and the message and ribbon on the silver tray chalkboard
from Winter's Twilight in January. (here)



Not only do we welcome 
our family and guests, On Crooked Creek,
we, also, welcome the onset of Spring!



The upper hutch has been cleared of excessive decor pieces
and remained that way during the streamlining process!



These porcelain woven white baskets
were an Anniversary gift from "Mr. Ed"
during a trip to Nell Hill's Briarcliff Store in Kansas City.



This creamy ivory urn shaped planter
is an oops! piece from the Antique Shop
where I formerly worked. (The back side has a huge crack.)



An heirloom crystal etched vase
belonging to my beloved maternal Grandmother. . .




and a crystal etched jelly jar from a life~long friend!



From our travels in Europe,
a footed crystal candy dish with a frosted butterfly lid. . .



resides beside a matching crystal vase!



This reticulated porcelain compote 
is an heirloom from my childhood.



I don't remember seeing the interior design 
before MoMa gave me this compote ~ 
as it was always filled with bananas or grapes.



My all time favorite white porcelain vase!!!
Oh so Frenchy and feminine!!!



Light, bright with a streamlined visual appeal.
I think this look definitely has longevity in
On Crooked Creek's China Hutch and Buffet!



Fondly,
Pat


Until next time. . .

On Crooked Creek will be joining

www.astrollthrulife.net
Table Top Tuesday!


Be sure to visit
for you’ll come away
filled with amazing inspirations
for use in your own home décor!


14 comments:

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Pat, you have really captured the beauty of your hutch and all that lives inside!
I love the silver service and the sweet linen tea towel.

Your welcome sign is absolutely charming! Perfect for spring.... all of it!

Babs said...

Pat, I really like the silver tea tray with the linen towel and the welcome sign on the door. Nice styling!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I adore your hutch and you always do the most fantastic job of decorating it. I really like your streamlined look, beautiful. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I have brought many pieces of crystal from Europe to. It is funny how our taste change. Your pieces are beautiful and I always love your hutch.

Pat@BPM said...

This is beautiful, Pat!

Sue@sprucelakecottage said...

Hi Pat, I love your hutch..and the white and crystal pieces are very classic. My husband just brought me home a clear etched bowl from the Habitat for Humanity thrift store near where he works...I love it. Have a good day...Debra Sue

Marigene said...

Love the new look to your hutch...that white vase is gorgeous.

podso said...

Lovely pieces, put together in a lovely way--very cozy and sweet. And I like your welcome sign!

NanaDiana said...

Pat- You really have some lovely pieces that you have collected over the years and the hutch is the perfect display piece. I love that silver chalkboard!!! I am ready for Spring, too...unfortunately, it is snowing here today- UGH- xo Diana

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

You have such lovely pieces made all the better because they are PRECIOUS family heirlooms! Anything that I have inherited are my most precious possessions. I love your streamlined look. I, too want to WELCOME Spring!!!! XO, Pinky

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

It's all lovely, Pat. I love that you don't remember the design of the reticulated dish, but do remember its contents of long ago. You have so many lovely and special pieces. I'm with you on keeping it simple this time of year; I've done the same. Lovely! ~Zuni

bj said...

What a great welcome to spring. :)
I love your pretty hutch and the way you have it decorated.
Will I ever have "pretty" around me again? This move is taking too long...we don't know what the heck we are doing....sometimes it seems we move one pile of STUFF to another room...and then back again. I have finally figured out that, in order to sort thru and pack, you ARE going to have a mess. And, messes and I don't do well together. :)

Miriam said...

Lovely. I love the crispness and clean lines. What sweet memories you must have when seeing the beautiful etched glass and compote dish.
Thank you for sharing.

Lisa said...

Your cabinet looks so fresh and clean for the new season - love all the white. I just happened to notice you have a soldier in Japan - my son is special forces stationed in Okinawa! I'll keep your soldier in my prayers.
Hope you can stop by the enchanted oven.
xo,
Lisa