The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Friday, March 15, 2013

Feathering The Porch. . .

Wind on the Prairie is constant!
Spring officially arrives March 20th,
but our temperatures are cooler than they appear
due to the wind factor!

"Mr. Ed" and I recently took advantage
of the sun shine on the front porch
for a bit of feathering!



With "Mr. Ed's" assistance,
I designed this Spring basket for our front porch.



I was quite smitten with the texture of this half basket
and purchased it at an Antique Mall 
while on vacation this Autumn!



Using a faux green fern,
twigs and Spanish moss made this an easy design.
The only thing purchased were the eggs!



Across the top of the grate are two swags.
I adore the realistic appearance of the faux branches!



The outward appearance of branches, 
just beginning to bud and leaf out, creates a "tree top" effect.



The temperatures dropped drastically
with our howling wind, as is often the case
during Spring on the Prairie, forcing "Mr. Ed" and I indoors!



So~o~o . . .
for now, this is all the feathering of our porch
On Crooked Creek

Although the wind will remain constant,
the temperature shows promise 
of allowing "Mr. Ed" and I another nice
afternoon to continue feathering the porch.


Until next time. . .


10 comments:

NanaDiana said...

You have "feathered" so very beautifully. It looks great! We deal with those winds here, too, so have to anchor everything- xo Diana

Crafts a la Mode said...

GORGEOUS!! I pinned this also. And would love to have you link this to What to do Weekends Party, too. Following you. Linda

http://www.craftsalamode.com/2013/03/what-to-do-weekends-10.html

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh how lovely. I adore your basket, it is so pretty. I just did one for our front door. Great minds think alike. Hugs, Marty

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Pat, your front door decor is so pretty! I may try to get my porch going this weekend. The weather is supposed to be really nice! Hope you have a great weekend!!

Donna, The Decorated House said...

So pretty! Love the basket and how you have decorated the porch.
Although I'm half Irish, you can have my share of the cabbage. :) I think St. Patrick's day was the only time we ever had boiled cabbage. I'll say "had" because I can't remember if any of the "kids" ate it! Happy Weekend.

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

This is such a lovely floral piece Pat. It is a wonderful way for guests to feel very welcome.

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

What you've created is perfect for spring, which will be there sooner or later, I'm sure.

White Lace and Promises said...

What a great idea! Love the bird's nest in the planter and looooove it hanging on the trellis.

So glad I found you! You are an inspiration.

Bonnie

Sarah said...

Your "feathering" looks terrific. Looks like you are ready for spring.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

I love your feather nest. It is a lovely creation indeed. I found your lovely blog through Shane's blog. Hugs Judy