The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Friday, March 8, 2013

Reading Is Relaxing. . .

March Madness strikes, 
once again, On Crooked Creek! 




"Mr. Ed" was known as 
"Fast Eddie" to his High School teammates!
His primary purpose was to bring the ball down the court
and set the play into action!!! 
He was a magnificent point guard. . .#24!!!

Me??? I was a member of the Pep Club!
Remember those, anyone???

Now, I prefer NOT to watch Basketball on television,
I find it noisy and disruptive. 



Reading is so~o~o much more relaxing!!!

During my quest to rid the Master Bedroom of " d u s t bunnies",
I thought I'd share one of the many places I go to relax and read.




This vintage pie crust table 
is used as a bedside table in our Master Bedroom.



The cross bar at the base of the table
is a perfect place to hold my wrought iron wicker handled tray!


Which makes the tray 
a perfect place to hold some of my favorite relaxing reads!



Christmas present 2012. . .
a gift from "Mr. Ed"!



and Christmas past 2011. . .
purchased with a Barnes and Nobles gift certificate!



My favorite decor book e v e r is Nell Hill's Feather Your Nest!


A huge admirer Of Anna Griffin,
I made this purchase 
simply because I was continually checking 
this book out at our local library!!!



Stacked neatly 
within reach 
for a relaxing read anytime day or night.

* * * * * * * Tidbit * * * * * * *
Sh~h~h! Here's a little personal tidbit,
all my books h a v e  t o  b e  in alphabetical order
On Crooked Creek!!! Yes,. . .even my 
mail order catalogs! I know, I know. . .
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Many times, before an afternoon nap,
I leaf through the pages of a magazine.
Keeping them on top of the bedside table
allows me to push them aside easily.







Always seeking inspiration,
I was thumbing though this last night.
I adore Mary Carol's bee collection!!!





My wedding Bible,
a gift from my beloved maternal Aunt Dorothy,
has the place of honor at the top of the stack!


Although my morning devotional time 
is taken in the Upper Level Living Room On Crooked Creek,
many are the times I need comforting from the Master 
before I drift off to sleep!

So~o~o. . .
Enter March with your howling winds here on the Prairie,
or the roaring of the television for March Madness!



You'll find me neither tossed about or deafened. . .
For, On Crooked Creek, reading is relaxing!


Until next time. . .


On Crooked Creek will be joining 

www.astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life for
Table Top Tuesday!

Be sure to visit
for you’ll come away
filled with amazing inspirations
for use in your own home décor!


11 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I love to read, too, Pat. Guess what? I have the twin to your pie crust table. It was my mothers!!!! Love it-xo Diana

Sarah said...

What a delightful post, Pat. Some of your favorites are on my shelf too. Mary Carol's books are among my favorite go to for inspiration and relaxation.
Enjoy your weekend.........Sarah

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

I also like to read as it relaxing.
I had to get rid of a lot of my books because I have COPD and the book dust really bothers me.However I did keep my decorating books and some magazines. My son gave me a Kindal for Christmas a year ago so I read a lot on that.
Have a great weekend
Mary

Buttercup said...

I love my kindle, but "real" books -- especially those beautiful decorating books -- have a place in my heart.

Martha said...

What a delightful table with books at hand! I, too, like books and Mary Carol's are a delight! (As is her shops!) And rereading a favorite book is like visiting an old friend. It's a great table and tabletop (and bottom!)

Pat@BPM said...

I was in pep club too.:-) Actually was in pep band, also. Those were the days, my friend.

We have rain this morning. I'm not sure if I want to do anything today. Feeling a tad lazy.:-)

Happy Saturday.

Mary Ann said...

Gosh, I live within driving distance of Mary Carol's first shop, and a branch! Love to look through books in bed, too. And magazines... an addict, cleaning out her stashes recently.

podso said...

Perfect reading nook, Pat! My hubby played ball as well but as center he stayed under the basket to pull down the rebounds. And yes I cheered in the pep club. Those were the days. I do enjoy watching a game now and then -- certainly more than I like to watch football!

Marigene said...

I have to agree, reading is far better than a ball game!

Babs said...

I love to read too, but never really read much until a few years ago. Your pie crust table is neat and I like the basket you added on the base. Great idea.
Do you have a special author that you enjoy?

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

great idea to use the basket at the bottom of the table! Why did not think of that..I have some tables like that, great use of space!