The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Friday, March 22, 2013

McGregor Vignette. . .

Dear Ones,
Most of the time, On Crooked Creek
I take myself  w a y  too seriously!



I  k n o w  I need to lighten up,
let my guard down,
and en J O Y life more.



. . .and that's what prompted 
this McGregor vignette!



On Crooked Creek
I have an on~going affair with b u n n i e s! 
I  l o v e  b u n n i e s!


Most of the bunnies in my collection 
are very neutral and realistic appearing.
There is, however, one exception. . .ah~h~h!



This was my first pastel bunny purchase!
Largely acquired as a token of my years
as an Early Childhood Educator, he reminded me of Peter Rabbit!



Just look at that innocent little face!
Don't you know I truly lost my heart when I first saw that face???



Who could resist???
Certainly, definitely. . .I couldn't!!!



The same day, on another shelf in the store,
I purchased this  b u n n y  couple!
Aren't they just the cutest thing???


Because they weren't inexpensive. . .
I wasn't able to bring home the tallest b u n n y of this grouping!



Later, while at a local Antique Mall,
I found this "cutie" in a booth marked @ 20% off!!!



Now, my  b u n n y  family together at last!
I've brought them to the dining room for Springs arrival!



"Mr. Ed's" box has been painted a soft gray
and filled to the brim with Bordallo Pinhiero Majolica collection.

Two newly acquired additions to my collection
are this cabbage leaf and vine plate. 



I adore how the little blossoms are intricately detailed.






Also, this cabbage leaf  plate
is a match to my collection minus the brown trimmed rim.


While perusing home decor shops,
I'm always on the hunt for  unique embellishments
that enhance my collections and displays!

These faux cabbages definitely fit the bill!!!



 A few faux asparagus spears
tied with twine create more visual appeal!



Grouping large and small cabbages
creates a greater impact!



Creating a realistic environment,
I used my cabbage leaf place mats 
to line the top of the built~in china cabinet.


These bunny figurines certainly appear to have been
made in the likeness of those illustrations of Beatrix Potter.


But, does this adorable bunny 
appear to have a rebellious nature???
  


Could he possibly defy his mother 
by trespassing into the garden. . .



while attempting to find some vegetables on which to snack???


Mischievous, perhaps. . .
one thing I know for sure,
these four bunny figurines have stolen my heart
and will always have a space On Crooked Creek!!!




Until next time. . .



On Crooked Creek will be joining

www.betweennapsontheporch.net
Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for
Metamorphosis Monday!

And. . .

www.astrollthrulife.net
Table Top Tuesday!

Be sure to visit
for you’ll come away
filled with amazing inspirations
for use in your own home décor!


19 comments:

Unknown said...

O my word! Your rabbits are so delightful. I love bunnies and we have a few live ones at the abbey. Must be kindred spirits in the "need to lighten-up" ,relax and ENJOY category. I tend to over think things and sweat too much of the small stuff.
smiles
Darly
A Lady of the Abbey

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...


Oh how I love your bunnies - they are beautiful and I can see why you fell in love with them.
If you looked at my Bunyville Manor post you will know how much I love bunnies also.
Your post is beautiful and the bunnies are so special. Have a wonderful Easter.
Mary






Mary Ann said...

This post made me sigh in admiration. Love majolica. Love bunnies.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh my goodness, how charming your rabbits are, adorable and elegant as well. Those dishes are to die for and so are your faux asparragus and your entire vignette is fabulous!! I love, love it! Thank you for your sweet and kind comments, darling. Enjoy your weekend.
FABBY

Sarah said...

Pat, your bunny vignette is adorable. I have some bunnies hopping out of storage tonight. So happy to see these little critters. '-)

NanaDiana said...

I'd say you lightened up beautifully. What a fun Spring post. I have learned to not worry and take things too seriously because most times they are out of my control anyway- xo Diana

rjerdee said...

How adorable. Really enjoyed my stop here :)

Marigene said...

I ♥♥♥ your little vignette...those are the cutest bunnies I have ever seen. They look to be fairly large, too?
Are you ready for another storm or has it already dropped by? They are saying 4"-7" tonight in the east/central portion of the state.

Amy Kinser said...

Your bunny rabbits look happily at home with you and Mr. Ed.

Love your vignette.

Have a great rest of your weekend, Pat.

20 North Ora said...

Your decor is just beautiful! Looks like you are all ready for Easter and spring.

Judy

podso said...

Very sweet and I've never seen a faux cabbage before. Looks good enough to eat!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Pat! This bunny vignette is darling! First of all you have the prettiest bunnies I've seen yet in Blogland! They really are realistic looking and their little faces! Your plates, cabbages - everything - I love it. Now my bunnies are so jealous! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Judy Biggerstaff said...

What a perfect Easter vignette you have created. I love everything I see, the plates, the bunnies, all are the makings of something beautiful.

Pondside said...

The bunnies are very sweet - no wonder you couldn't resist them. I particularly like the first one - the face is lovely!

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

What a darling collection of bunnies you have! I don't know which one I like best. And your dishes are beautiful! Lovely vignette. ~Zuni

Marie Arden said...

They are charming bunnies love the one in overalls. Cute that they are harvesting the cabbage plates.
Happy Easter!

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

What a delightful vignette! I have often thought about doing a Mr. McGregor's Garden tablescape ... maybe someday. :-) Happy Easter to you and yours!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

The bunny cousins have been spotted!!
Yes, these sweet faces bring me right to Mr. McGregor's gardens as well as Beatrix Potter's heart!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your bunnies are truly exquisite. Love them. Hugs, Marty