The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Sewing Central???

I'm sure you're as puzzled as I, 
as to why Studio One has a Sewing Central!!!

My maternal Grandmother was an excellent seamstress!
But, this granddaughter  d i s l i k e s sewing!!!



Peculiar how blogging 
can make such a huge influence on one's life, isn't it?



You wonderful blog ladies 
have encouraged and inspired me immensely over the past year!



In August, I was inspired to complete 
the vintage button wreath pillows for 
Christmas Pillows In August!(here)



Again in October ,
you were there cheering me on to make adorable
vintage inspired stars for our Bits 'n Pieces booth(here)
at the Unique Antique Fall Market!



You applauded my efforts in December,
when I made my very first vintage inspired 
Christmas Stockings in. . .The Stockings Were Hung!(here)

So~o~o. . .
"Mr. Ed" and I decided it was time 
to set aside a designated space in Studio One
for sewing projects, should one (some) arise.

I began with my Grandmother's sewing bowl.



A smoky hued glass sewing bowl commemorative 
with gold plated objects of sewing around the perimeter.



Beginning with a dress form. . .



a tailor. . .



a pressing board. . .



a sewing machine. . .



and ending with the pattern lay~out!

Tucked neatly inside 
is Grandmothers vintage sewing case.



Grandmothers pin cushion in front,
my pin cushion from Junior High in the back!
Swirling the outer perimeter is my cloth 
dressmaker's tape, also part of my Junior High 
Homemaking Class supply list!



Most threads are on wooden spools,
however, a few are on spools made from Styrofoam.



I was d e s p e r a t e l y in hopes 
of inserting my portable sewing machine
into a vintage sewing machine cabinet. 
I was informed by "Mr. Ed" that my
best intentions were h o p e l e s s.


You win some. . .
you lose some!
Compromise is definitely the name of the game!



As for my endeavors in sewing,
most of the time, my sewing basket, 
a needle, a spool of thread  and scissors will suffice!




But, for those times
when you, dear ones encourage and inspire me. . .
I'll be ready and able to sew.

Willing??? 
Now, that's another story!!!


Until next time. . .


* * * * * FYI * * * * *
The bear in the sewing bowl is from one of my Pen Pals. 
The message on the tiny sewing basket reads. . . 

Friends are threads
that help us 
hold it together.

Thank you, dear blogging friends,
for helping me hold it together 
by the threads of your friendship!!!
* * * * * * * * * * * * *


On Crooked Creek will be joining

www.betweennapsontheporch.net
for Metamorphosis Monday!

Be sure to visit
for you’ll come away
filled with amazing inspirations
for use in your own home décor!
Post a Comment