The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Round. . .

Round . . .





cylindrical . . .




plump . . .





complete . . .




encircle . . .





encompass . . .




finished . . .



Mother Nature allowed a calm, 
relatively warm Spring day for photographing out~of~doors!
This week's assignment for Mary's Thursday's Inspiration
. . . Round!

For my subject matter,
On Crooked Creek,
I chose three round objects of interest!!!

The first is a vintage sand stone ~ grinding / sharpening stone.
The second is an aging, deteriorating tree stump.
The third are sweet gum seeds from the tree during the Winter.


Until next time. . .


On Crooked Creek will be joining

www.dearlittleredhouse.blogspot.com
Mary @ Little Red House for
Thursday's Inspiration!

Be sure to visit
for you’ll come away
filled with amazing inspiration!

16 comments:

A Garden of Threads said...

Beautiful post, I like all your 'round' objects. Take care and have wonderful day. Jen

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful! I am so jealous of anyone who actually has spring weather right now.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Hi Pat; Brought back child memories of grinding stones on the ranch, essential tool. Lovely photos.
Joy

Britt said...

I had a grinding stone wheel thing in my backyard growing up too, for sharpening knives... I wonder if it's still there??

NanaDiana said...

My granddad had one of those grinding stones like the first one-set on a bicycle like thing that you pedaled to turn it to whet things. I wish I had it now. You have very cool "circles" here today- xo Diana

Anonymous said...

How fun to see all the different entries for this theme. Your grinding stone is wonderful. They are getting hard to find and now you have immortalized it!
Nice to meet you, as this is my first time here. I think I'm going to love it!
Jan
Colorado

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

The grinding stone, if not too heavy could be wall art too. I like the seed pods - neat little things.
Judith

Vee said...

Wonderful artsy shots! The grinding wheel is a wonderful focal point in your garden.

Micupoftea said...

Rustic and artistic! What nice candid pictures :)
Have a great weekend~
Shawn

podso said...

Pat I have several reactions to this. One is that we abhor those sweet gum seeds (I never think of them as seeds) as they cause twisted ankles, cut bare feet and are fairly annoying. We got rid of several sweet gum trees and now our neighbor's tree bestows the "balls" on our lawn or worse, driveway. Especially after a windy day!

And the sandstone took me right back to my grandfather's garage where he had one like this and would sharpen my grandma's kitchen knives --and other tools with it. He was a builder. Thanks for the sweet memory, he was my favorite grandpa and died when I was young.

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

The gristmill is a prize piece. Beautiful. Valerie

Myra said...

I have an old grinding stone similar to yours in one of my beds. It came from the farm I grew up on. I also have a couple of "Indian" grinding stones that I use in my beds. Fun to imagine their past!

Sarah said...

A+ on this assignment, Pat. Your images are perfect examples for the theme. '-)

Clara said...

Great choices of round. Sweet Gum balls are all over the place here.

Pondside said...

I like those prickly rounds - great texture!

bj said...

ahhh, I love your circles.
This is a new party for me...haven't heard about it. However, it could be because I've had my head in either a paint can or a packing box. :)
I'll try to join next Thursday.
hugs, bj