The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Monday, March 25, 2013

Hare Tablescape!

Easter is still a few days away. . .
but, On Crooked Creek, there are hares on the table!





I so  l o v e  bunnies!



Many years ago,
I received a coupon from a local decor shop
for $10.00 off any regular priced item 
in recognition of my birthday.



Having a December birthday,
I usually purchase something to add to my Christmas decor.



Can you imagine my surprise
when I found this pair of hares???
I adore their realistic resemblance. . .
so~o~o, they had to come home with me!!!



My all~time favorite color palette for tablescaping
is black, white and green!!!

Traditional, simplistic and whimsical!
Here's how I put together a Hare Tablescape!

* * * * * * * Tutorial * * * * * * *



I knew I wanted to use this black and white toile runner
with a white damask tablecloth, so I had "Mr. Ed" help me
extend our round dining room table to accommodate 4 people!



Next, I added the pair of hares.
My creamy ivory planter atop a patch of moss
got a moss sphere for that added pop of green!



Just like my bunnies,
those pots and moss spheres kept multiplying!



Next,
I added my matching round quilted place mats
and my sage green everyday dinner plates.



Setting the complimentary black and white checked
napkin at an angle, gives greater visual appeal.



Instead of using garland or ribbon,
I wound a creamy ivory and ecru hued curtain tie back
through the bunnies and planters 
to lighted and enhance the centerpiece. 



Then, I added Bordallo Pinheiro Majolica 
cabbage salad plates atop the napkins.



Everyday Oneida flatware 
and Libby Claret glassware make for easy clean~up!






Placing the table settings across from one another
allows for free~flowing conversation.



Vintage Avon crystal eggs can be easily moved aside 
to accommodate serving bowls and platters!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

A Hare Tablescape, 



 On Crooked Creek,



is festively set 



 for our Easter dining.




Wishing you a blessed and Happy Easter!!!





Until next time. . .




On Crooked Creek will be joining

www.stonegable.blogspot.com
Yvonne @ StoneGable for

And. . .

www.betweennapsontheporch.net

Tablescape Thursday!

Be sure to visit
for you’ll come away
filled with amazing inspirations
for use in your own home décor!

18 comments:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Hares is a good name for them, they look hairy! Cute. I love green and black to. Noticed how you even add greens to the chandelier.

Debra@CommonGround said...

Love love the black/white/green color scheme going on, just gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

HI Pat! Oh, what a lovely little pair! your table looks so pretty and your color scheme is so nice.
Stay warm.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Love the black, white and green...hmmm, could I do that. Don't know if I have enough for the whole family Sunday....thanks for the idea!

podso said...

Delightful. Sigh. I like the green against the black and white and your napkin placement!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Such a cute table, Pat! I love a black and white with green table too! It is so pretty but sophisticated too. LOVE the cabbage plates, wish I has some. Have a wonderful, truly blessed Easter my friend. XO, Pinky

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Perfect, love the black and white then the Easter mixed in. Adorable Rabbits and the green moss balls. So clever.

bj said...

Excuse me while I fall in LOVE with your black and whi........OH WAIT...I already AM in love with black and white....:))
The green just sits it off to a tee.
Beautiful little bunnies...I love 'em, too.

Pondside said...

Well, it's just lovely. The black, white and green make a stunning combination - so fresh1

Marti @ SewLicious Home Decor said...

Beautiful! I would love for you to link up at the HOPPITY EASTER CRAFT PARTY! .

Just follow the link.....http://sew-licious.blogspot.com/2013/02/hoppity-easter-craft-party.html.

Marti

Moni - Zuhaus at Home said...

Beautiful Tablesetting in the black/white and green!
Happy Easter!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

What a striking combination! Love your linens! I love the greens with the black. Perfect centerpiece for Easter! Have a lovely holiday!

Marlis said...

Just gorgeous.. Omg. if there is any thing on that table you grow weary of, just ship it my way. I love this. The bunnies are fabulous pieces with so much character!!! Pat, I think I love this table best. The colors and those Bordallo plates.. i just went and looked on ebay again.. no luck. Your chandelier is wonderfully bedecked too. Have a beautiful evening and a blessed Easter. xo marlis

Suzy said...

Blace, white and green is one of my favorite color combos. Love, love, love your tablescape!

Babs said...

Your black, white and green table is so pretty, and your hares are adorable. I'm partial to hares because of their long ears and big feet. :)
LOVE the moss balls and pots, too.
Happy Easter!

The Tablescaper said...

So sweet. Love the moss balls and those hare!

I'd love to have you link your post to Seasonal Sundays. The link goes up at 7 pm on Saturday evening.

- The Tablescaper

Micupoftea said...

Oh, Pat, this is just lovely!! The B&W toile with jade and green is so sophisticated! Wow, your table is welcoming and elegant. Happy Weekend :)
Shawn

Alycia Nichols said...

I remember those Avon crystal eggs!!! My former mother-in-law had them, and I remember wishing they were mine. So pretty! I'm glad you were able to spend your certificate on such cool bunnies! You'll get a lot of future use out of them! Your moss balls are really great...I like the texture that's kind of bumpy rather than flat. This is a neat Easter table in part because the color scheme is so unique. It can easily move on into Spring without too much tweaking.

Thank you for stopping by my place earlier. I so appreciate it! I hope that you and your family are enjoying a quiet, loving, blessed Easter Sunday together. Take care!